Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

Last night I went to MNSSHP with a few of my friends, and it was a blast! Tickets are cheaper for cast members in September, so as weird as it was celebrating Halloween so early, it was definitely worth it. One of the nice things about being here so long is that rides weren't really a focus that night (because we have plenty of time for the next few months to ride them), even though most were open, so we were able to focus on watching the special events and meeting characters.

   I dressed up as Velma once again, since it's a pretty easy costume to throw together from Goodwill finds.
Together we solve mysteries!

I went with my Jungle Cruise friend Andrew, since Bernice was still at work when the party first started. He went as Andy from Toy Story, and then while on the bus he started talking to the girl sitting in the row ahead of us, and we found out she's from Mesa and attended MCC! Her name was Chelsey, and we hadn't ever met at MCC, but since she was going to the party alone she ended up hanging out with us for the rest of the night.

So earlier just last week, my roommates and I had gone around one night and determined which Disney character we were most like. We said it would be awesome if we could take pictures with "our" character by the end of our program, but mine was Jane from Tarzan, and I had never heard of her being around the parks before. So, that night Andrew, Chelsey, and I are walking towards Adventureland, and who do we see?

 
Jane and Terk! 
So of course I flip out and we immediately get in line and I talked to her for a little bit and she was just freaking adorable. We had been at the party for maybe fifteen minutes and already it was totally awesome. I hadn't ever taken the time to meet characters at the parks before, and I had always been a little worried that the magic would be ruined a bit, since I had seen characters backstage at Animal Kingdom quite a bit before, but earlier in the day Andrew and I had gone to Magic Kingdom to buy our tickets, and I mentioned I hadn't ever met Mickey yet, so we did that and as soon as he and Minnie came into view I felt like I was five years old again.




 So much fun! Anyway, at the party, after we met Jane and Terk, we went to grab some candy, and then to watch the parade. I tried to take a lot of pictures, but they turned out pretty bad...

 
These guys were really freaking cool, even though the picture is terrible; they were gravediggers from the Haunted Mansion!
Immediately after the parade was the Villains' Mix and Mingle show, which was basically just a little dance show for all the villains in front of the castle, and then afterwards you could meet them and take pictures.
Dr. Facilier from Princess and the Frog was featured the most, but quite a few villains made cameo appearances.




Bernice (aka Lilo) had met up with us just before the Villains show, so the three of us got a picture with Captain Hook immediately after.

 
Again, almost immediately after the show were the special fireworks, so we stayed in the same spot and enjoyed those, and met up with my friend/another Jungle Skipper, Marcie. We got briefly separated from Andrew, so us four girls went on Space Mountain.
 I think this is the best ride photo I've ever seen.

As I mentioned before, rides weren't really a priority, so we only went on three or four...not too shabby. After Space Mountain, we wandered around to find more candy and characters...


 
Andy found all his toys, and Lilo met Stitch! We were getting pretty exhausted at this point (almost midnight), so we left as the park closed and headed home. Overall, a totally awesome event, and I'm tempted to go again, but it's far more expensive in October, so it probably won't happen.

Tomorrow's the cast preview for EPCOT's Food and Wine Festival, which is when  a bunch of extra countries set up booths in the World Showcase and people can "eat around the world", so Bernice, our coworker Ryan, and I are going after work. Should be a ton of fun!

Kwa herini!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome post! Loved the photos, of course, but loved the narrative even more; I felt like I was right there with you, feeling the same excitement. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete