Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My two days off!


  So since I'm an official Cast Member now, my days off are a bit more regular, and it looks like Tuesdays and Wednesdays are now my weekend. Kind of nice that they're in the middle of the week, but kind of a bummer at the same time (although, Animal Kingdom starts closing at 5 soon, so it's not like I'll ever get off super late, so the regular weekends will still be ok). And, instead of being responsible and running a couple errands during my free days, I went a little overboard on park-hopping.

  On Tuesday, my friend Andrew and I decided to hit up three different parks: Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom.
                                                       Looking kind of silly at all of them

I had never been to more than one park in a day, but luckily Andrew is kind of a meticulous planner so I was just able to go along for the ride. I should mention that he's a Jungle Cruise skipper, and Dad, I thought I would never meet anyone with cheesier jokes than you, but you have some stiff competition here. It was seriously never-ending.


Most of the day was spent at Hollywood, because it has two of the best rides around...

                                                                   Rockin' Rollercoaster
                                                               Aaand Tower of Terror






                                                    As well as the new Star Tours! Still a very awesome ride, and one of the few where it's actually really cool that 3D was used. We later headed out to Animal Kingdom since Bernice was working and we wanted to ride her safari...
And to make dumb faces on Everest...


As I mentioned, we ended our day with the Magic Kingdom, but rain started coming down pretty soon after we got there, so we just got on the little Space Ranger Spin ride/game, and then as we were walking through that queue, a cast member handed us some re-ride tickets (they're basically Fastpasses good for any attraction, and they're usually handed out when a ride breaks down. So we used those to ride Space Mountain, and unlike every other park, Magic Kingdom frowns upon people taking pictures of their pictures...
Ah well...

Day 2: Both I and my roommate Hannah had the day off, and she had never been to Animal Kingdom before, so I decided I could show her around (which also meant this week that I will have spent every single day at AK -_-). Still a very cool park, and I took a short video of Africa!

 
Our friend Sam was working as well, so we rode his Safari (wherein we got stopped...by a bird. What.)


We also enjoyed some cultural art!


But then we said goodbye and headed over to Epcot!

The only time EPCOT is really ok is if you love eating foreign food (sorta).

                                                                                                 

In Mexico, enjoying the massive hats.
Getting eaten by a shark, nbd.

Moral of the story: park-hopping is super fun! And although I usually like to wing it, when park-hopping it's definitely nice to have a plan. It's also exhausting.

Kwa herini!

1 comment:

  1. Cor, I love you. We are so often the same person. One thing, though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA

    Every time you shoot a vertical video, a puppy dies.

    ReplyDelete