Sunday, July 29, 2012

Adventures in Space (Bags)!

I know, I know, it's been about 165 days since I last posted, but honestly, there really wasn't much else to say about the program! I'm thinking I may have jumped the gun a bit when it came to making a blog for this experience. Anyway, I now have only 10 days until my check-in date, and it still feels pretty surreal. One of my bags is already half-packed with just one space bag (those heavy-duty plastic ones that you can seal and vacuum all the air out of); I bought a couple of them to help fit everything, and they work really well! I wish I took an 'after' picture, but here's a 'before', of everything about to be put into the bag.

 That bag alone fit one mattress pad, a comforter, a quilt, one winter jacket, one hoodie, four pairs of jeans, three scarves, and four long-sleeve shirts! My mom and I had to arrange it about six times before we finally stuffed it into the suitcase, and it ended up weighing about 30lbs, meaning I can try to stuff 20 more pounds in if I feel the need.

I'm also planning on doing a lot of videos while I'm in Florida, so I decided to do an introductory (sort of ) one to get things rolling...



All I can say is I hope I get progressively less awkward as time goes on :P

Like I said in the video, I'm going to try and do another entry on my travel day, so until then....

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY! (gotta practice that...)


2 comments:

  1. Very creative title for your blog entry. I don't recall anyone saying, "Have a magical day" during my visits to Disneyland and DisneyWorld. Are you sure that you're not confusing WDW with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I like your video but I need more pictures when you are there since video doesn't load as well on my phone (not that you are writing this blog just for me). Can't wait to read more. Wish we could come visit!

    ReplyDelete